My sound system
I set out to do something simple and inexpensive that could go on the back of a regular bike. The result was highly versatile and impressively audible, much to the delight of people at London Mass and London Skate. I developed it between 2001-2003.
- Bike: It can go on any bike which can take a rear rack (i.e. not rear suspension). Pictured here with a Gary Fisher Marlin.
- Rack: Tubus (A strong design with max payload of 40 kg.)
- Mounting: Klickfix (A convenient design from Rixen Kaul - off clicks the basket, on clicks the sound system.)
Directed 250. Used as it is with an 8 ohm speaker it delivers up to 125W RMS of music power.
- Mid Bass: Eminence Big Cat. 200W 15". The up-to-date equivalent is their "Gamma" range.
- Tweeter: Eminence Super APT
- Power source: 12v 45Ah battery.
- The whole unit weighs 28kg.
Pictured above is the third version. Here are the first and second versions.